[CQ-Contest] Allow Packet for everyone!

Bill Coleman AA4LR aa4lr at radio.org
Wed Oct 29 10:38:12 EST 1997

On 10/28/97 7:48, Ramirez, Kenneth (EXCH) at KRAMIREZ at intermedia.com
wrote:

>             Let's  ask CQ to allow the use of packet for ALL single
>operators and let the single operators decide how to best use or not
>use packet spotting networks.

The problem with this suggestion, Ken, is that it assumes everyone has
packet available, and they simply are choosing to use it or not.

There are stations out there that for various reasons do NOT have packet
available. How is this fair to them?

Further, not signing your call (or listening frequency) frequently is a
poor operating practice. Do we want to encourage it further?

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr at radio.org
            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com