[CQ-Contest] Allow Packet for everyone!

Alan Braun albraun at socket.net
Thu Oct 30 23:46:36 EST 1997

In <199710300445.XAA19789 at dayton.akorn.net>, on 10/29/97
   at 07:35 AM, "Jeff Steinman" <n5tj at hotmail.com> said:

>N4UK wrote:

>>Let's  ask CQ to allow the use of packet for ALL single
>>operators and let the single operators decide how to best use or not
>>use packet spotting networks.

>I disagree 1000% percent, Ken. There is plenty of room for both
>categories. The number of serious SOA ops seems to be limited to a
>select few who enjoy this category. Most SOA enter, I believe, to have
>more fun and increase their score for a given amount of time.

I think it would be a mistake to make the rules change N4UK asks for.
I agree with Jeff.  I don't even have access to packet spotting, and
there are many others of us in rural areas in that same situation.  I
don't want to be lumped in with the packet guys as that would impose
another handicap (in addition to being in the "Black Hole"!) that I
have no control over.  Natural handicaps I can live with, but
artificial ones I'd rather not!

73 - Alan NS0B

* Alan Braun MD, NS0B/V31EV *Internet: albraun at socket.net         *
* Jefferson City, MO        *Packet: NS0B at N0LBA.#cemo.mo.usa.noam *

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com