[CQ-Contest] NCJ CTT&T Topic

Gary Sutcliffe ppvvpp at mixcom.com
Wed Sep 3 07:35:02 EDT 1997

Hi Gang!

The deadline for the next NCJ is fast approaching, and again I ask you for
your input for the Contest Tips, Tricks and Techniques column.  Thanks again
for your continued support! Please email your comments directly to me.

Topic for November - December (deadline Sept. 10)

              Pre-contest Strategy Planning

What pre-contest strategy planning do you do?  Do you analyze propagation
forecasts or use propagation programs?  How carefully do you plan what bands
you will be operating at different times of the contest?  Do you study old
logs or those of other stations?  What do you look for in those logs?  What
sort of goals do you set for yourself? Do you set hourly goals for QSOs
and/or multipliers?  How do you set those goals?  How closely do you usually
end up following  your plans?  What sorts of things cause you to change your
strategy?

Thanks again!  73  - Gary, W9XT
ppvvpp at mixcom.com

Gary Sutcliffe,  W9XT          Unified Microsystems
ppvvpp at mixcom.com              PO Box 133 Slinger, WI 53086
http://www.qth.com/w9xt        414-644-9036

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com