[CQ-Contest] CQ-WPX..A Modest Proposal

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Thu Apr 2 09:22:49 EST 1998

At 10:46 PM 4/1/98 -0800, lew at teleport.com wrote:
>Ladies & Gentlemen of the contesting Community,
>    I propose moving the time limit for S/O for the CQ-WPX back to 30 or
>even 28 hours, from the recently extended 36 hours. Why, you query??? Well
>to save it.

I agree.  The only cogent counter-argument I recall from the last iteration
on this topic was that a shorter active period would discourage contest
DXpeditioners from doing their thing in this contest.  With respect, is
that important?  As Lew says, we already have CQWW and the ARRL DX test
where country mults matter.

Oh, another point ... leaving it the way it is just encourages whining from
west of the Mississippi.  Let's cut it to 30 hours, eliminate that excuse,
and see who's right... ;^}

73,  Pete Smith N4ZR
In wild, wonderful, fairly rare WEST Virginia

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com