[CQ-Contest] CQ-WPX..A Modest Proposal

Tyler Stewart k3mm at erols.com
Fri Apr 3 22:51:57 EST 1998

Well if we are going to change any rules for WPX, I'd like to see some massive
ones.

As a minimum, allow ALL QSO's to count for at least 1 point, like the RTTY WPX
does now.  That alone does a little bit to equalize the "EU advantage" from
the east.  I also like K2AV's suggestion of Zone scoring rather than country
scoring, although I think a few EU's might be pissed about that one.

I like the existing low-band double points rule...it's almost enough! hi!

I really dont have any strong feelings about the length of the contest,
although less than 36 will mean less people will be on the air at any one
time, especially on the low bands where it's tough enough already, especially
on phone.

Any other ideas?

73, Ty K3MM

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com