[CQ-Contest] at long last: contest EQUITY

W2CE W2CE at prodigy.net
Sun Apr 5 18:07:27 EDT 1998

> Not a bad idea. Any contest sponsor could add another box to the results
> showing the score per hour.  Perhaps one of our statisticians could do a
> correlation matrix for a few of the past contests and see what it looks like.
>
> Tom, K5RC
> aka K7GJ

I sure wouldn't mind seeing a  "short hours" type of recognition. There
are some people who have contested for years that may not be physically
able any more.

With a severe heart problem, pending more surgery, I've not been able to
risk more than 15 or so hours in a contest lately. That still hasn't
stopped me from some decent scores for myself or giving out Q's to
friends.

800 Q's and a sweep in 12 hours of an SS may not seem like a super score
to some but when you look to join in some way it does become somewhat
rewarding for a restricted effort.

Those big Q totals have to come from somewhere, there just aren't enough
superstations and ops to grow with. The guy not afraid to avoid a
contest is still the future of any contesting for all of us.

       73, Bob, W2CE

   Robert Reed, W2CE                        W2CE at prodigy.net
   1991 Route 37 West - Lot 109             W2CE at aol.com
   Toms River, New Jersey  08757