[CQ-Contest] Who are we? A study.

O Donnell, Glenn D Glenn gdo at lucent.com
Wed Apr 29 11:02:34 EDT 1998

		.
> Because the FCC callsign database contains as matter of public record
> information such as date of birth with annual updates that provide a
> record of change in machine readable form, this study will (at this
> time)
> confine itself to the US domestic arena.  Likewise, because databases

The FCC database no longer contains date of birth information.  Older
databases
may need to be used and cross referenced with all the new vanity calls.
Maybe a
survey is in order to get some of the data you need.

I look forward to the results.  I think you are correct in your
observations.  It will
be interesting to see some of these anecdotal, subjective thoughts
quantified in
a more scientific manner.  There is a lot of evidence of growth in the
contesting
ranks, so a thorough analysis may yield some startling surprises.

73 ES TNX for taking on this task!

de Glenn, K3PP (ex N3BDA, Born 01-Sep-1960, for the record!)

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com