[CQ-Contest] THE UNTOLD TRUTH ABOUT CQWW SCORING SYSTEM AND WHY IT WILL NEVER CHANGE

Unknown User ct1boh at mail.telepac.pt
Mon Aug 3 01:52:50 EDT 1998

THE UNTOLD TRUTH ABOUT CQWW SCORING SYSTEM AND WHY IT WILL NEVER CHANGE

My best friend N6TJ proposes a scoring change for CQWW.
I started thinking why the scoring system of the CQWW does not change in =
spite of many proposals throughout the years and I NOW realized why.

Do you know who could change the scoring system of the CQWW?
- The CQ Contest Committee

What are the Islands from where you can have a very good chance of =
winning the CQWW from?
- HC8
- P4
- PJ
- 9Y
- EA8
- CT3

Who operates from those islands?
- HC8N N5KO CQWW Committee Member
- P40E CT1BOH CQWW Committee Member
- PJ1B K3EST +MM CQWW Committee Director
- 9Y4H K6NA CQWW Committee Member
- EA8EA OH2MM CQWW Committee Member
- CT3 Vacant

Sooooo....
Why would the scoring system of the CQWW change to 3 points for every =
QSO outside your country opening:
38 easy to go and winning countries in NA/Caribbean
20 easy to go with good chance of winning in Asia

I have proposed long ago a system where USA/VE and JA would become =
continents thus yielding a similar result than my friend's proposal.
But I realize 3 points for every QSO outside your country is far better =
to understand and implement.
So there you are...
If I was not operating from one of those few winning places I would vote =
for 3 points for every QSO outside your country.

;)

Vy 73
Jose
CT1BOH/P40E