[CQ-Contest] QSL Bureau Fee Structure

rfpwr at linknet.net rfpwr at linknet.net
Wed Aug 12 16:02:08 EDT 1998

>Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 14:38:52
>To: "John T. Laney, III" <K4BAI at worldnet.att.net>
>From: rfpwr at linknet.net
>Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] QSL Bureau Fee Structure
>
>At 10:51 AM 8/12/98 -0700, you wrote:
>>
>>As long as we are talking about contesters in WVA, how often do you
>>think DX stations change the default (04) of W8AH and N8YYS and other 8
>>stations in WVA to the correctly sent zone of 05?  I bet the percentage
>>of computer contesters who get their zone correct consistently is very
>>low.  N4ZR is saved that problem since the default for him is 05.  73,
>>John, K4BAI/8P9HT.
>>

>>--
>>CQ-Contest on WWW:        http://www.contesting.com/_cq-contest/
>>Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com

When I lived in WV (most of my life) DX stations I worked in CQWW would many
times question me when I sent Zone 5. They wanted to place me in Zone 4.
This was before computer logging.

As a fairly active DXer in WV, I was frequently asked to say hello to Al,
who has probably worked every DX station who was ever active, most dozens of
times. I'm sure my bureau card numbers received were reduced by Al's
activity. The last 10 years in WV I lived about 2 miles from W8AH. Last year
I visited with him. Nice to see him still as enthusiastic and active as
ever, enjoying his retirement.

73, Chas N8RR

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com