[CQ-Contest] Re: Activity in WAE and WRTC

Igor Sokolov ua9cdc at dialup.mplik.ru
Sat Aug 15 22:18:43 EDT 1998

Try the ARRL from here with only 3-4 hours of propagation over the North
Pole and you will change you mind. If it is good for the UK it is not
automatically good for the majority of the world. There was one ARRL
that we got won in Asia few years ago. That was when ARRL changed rules
and the contest had become world wide. We do not participate seriously
in ARRL since then. I think any contest where you have to work just one
or two countries should not be counted for WRTC except for the
candidates from that country (like ARRL counts for US and Canada).
Otherwise geographical position plays major role.

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com