[CQ-Contest] 160 NOISE

Bill Turner, W7TI wrt at eskimo.com
Sun Dec 6 03:01:55 EST 1998

On Sat, 05 Dec 1998 10:53:58 -0600, Bob Perring <perring at texas.net>
wrote:

>My vertically polarized 160 antenna picks up 30-40 dB noise from some
>local buzz saw around here.
>That is what I weeded through last night.
>
>I have seen several posted questions concerning some of the JPS and MFJ
>noise cancelling products out there from people with a similar problem.
>I have also seen promises to post real life experiences that potential
>users were going to pass on to the reflector after getting one of these
>devices. To date, I guess I have managed to miss these "results" postings.
>
>Will somebody out there who has one of these things please tell me how
>well/poorly it works for you??
>Hearing nothing, I'll spend my money, but for which product?
>
>73,
>N5RP
I have a JPS ANC-4 and would willingly part with it for not too much
cashola.  It does work after a fashion, but only on noise which is
steady and predictable.  When your neighbor fires up his Skil saw or
whatever, it chokes.  IMO, the best approach is the hard one - if
you're having power line noise, get the power company to fix it.
Easier said than done, but more satisfactory in the long run.

73, Bill W7TI

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com