[CQ-Contest] To keep or not to keep?

Igor Sokolov ua9cdc at dialup.mplik.ru
Tue Dec 15 02:08:21 EST 1998

>On Mon, 14 Dec 1998, Igor Sokolov wrote:
>

>**** snip ****
>> Find out I got the call sign  incorrectly.
>
>YOU got the call sign wrong. YOUR error.

Ron, that is usually much more complicated. I only set this example for the
sake of simplicity. It could be the software problem or something else
beyond my control but I always thought this is two way road. Suppose I sent
your call sign wrong and you confirmed it? It is also your responsibility to
make sure I got everything correct in the log.
>> Then I have three options (only three?):
>> 1) Delete the qso from the log (the station I have worked will loose
points
>> and possibly mult)
>
>Why do you think you should make someone else pay for YOUR
>error?
That is what I do not want to happen and therefore asking for the advise.
Sorry if it was not clear from my previous posting.
>  **** snip ****
>Here is something to think about:
>
>Lets say you work me thinking I'm KL7Y. Then after the QSO you
>copy my call right as KU7Y and delete it so you can go back to
>your run freq.
>
>When I look over the list of NIL's I see your call and remember
>this post.
>
>In the next contest I work you and then remove it from my
>log to be sure I don't lose it during scoring like last time!
>
>Sounds fair to me!
Sounds not clever to me. This is not constructive approach.
1. I might have been double mult for you.
2. I might do the same to you next contest.
3. You give me and others an incentive not to discuss things like that here
on the reflector.

>73, Ron,     SOWP 5545M,
73, Igor, UA9CDC

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com