[CQ-Contest] One way 10m Contesting Window

Kok Chen kchen at apple.com
Mon Dec 14 17:02:38 EST 1998

John, VK4EMM, wrote
>Therefore,  according to Dan's latest announcement, the 1,526
>QSO's that I made during 34 hours of weekend operation were not contest
>QSO's.
>The weekend was full of many magic moments. One such moment was
>during an SSB run on 28.490, I was able to pick David KA7OZO/QRP through
>the pile up. He was running 1.8 watts from Oregon. I also worked
>Scandinavia QRP SSB.

It is really sad that the contest free zone rule is causing this
kind of grief.

If it is any consolation, John, you were the only VK to hear and
work me, first on SSB, and then just a few minutes later, on CW
(John's QSO #927 and #928).

I was running 4.5 watts into a ground-mounted R-7000 dummy load,
er, I mean antenna, from Phoenix, Arizona.

See you next year, OM.

73
Kok Chen, AA6TY

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com