[CQ-Contest] 10m Contest

Robert Pack nx5m at alpha1.net
Wed Dec 16 23:43:36 EST 1998

I suppose it is time for me to voice my opinion concerning the 10 Meter
Contest.
The point values are fine.  Leave them the way they are.  Afterall,
changing cw qsos to 3 points would only make for lower scores.  And if
cw were 2 points just like ssb, what is there to stop a mixed-mode
entrant from making 1900 SSB qsos and 100 CW qsos? (Unless they don't
mind using cw to work multipliers only)
   Most can run a bit faster ssb rate than cw.  This would defeat the
intent of the mixed-mode catagory.

The contest-free zone just does not fly with me.  This is a 10 METER
contest and 28.3-28.35 is IN the 10 METER band.
I certainly agree with other comments concerning where N/T's can go to
get away from contest activity.  CW!  And if 28100-28300 is too crowded,
the still have 15,40 and 80.
Put the microphone away and do cw...it's better for you.
LONG LIVE THE CODE!
73 Bob NX5M

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com