[CQ-Contest] Re: CW SS QSO

Federacion de Radioaficionados de Cuba frcuba at ip.etecsa.cu
Thu Dec 17 22:20:07 EST 1998

Hi Trey

> If you want to create a new methodology to process DXCC cards, you
> have to ask yourself "how fast does it take the ARRL QSL checker to
> check your card under the proposed system?"  If your answer is "more
> than three seconds" then your methodology is doomed to failure because
> it is less efficient (for the ARRL) than the current system.

Not always the fast way is the only or not even the best way of doing
something. For example:

I'm mostly a VHF contester and I have worked more than 100 grids in a
single contest more than one time. Nevertheless I had to wait 4 years
for colecting the necesaries 100 QSLs cards for my VUCC.  In the other
hand,  I'm sure that many HF contesters worked the DXCC in one of the
big contest as I almost worked the 10m WAS last weekend.

So my question is:  if a log ( it's only a LIST of QSOs) is valid for a
first place in a contest  ( in which grids or countries or States are
multipliers so they are perfectly marked on the log ),  why this log
could not be valid for a DXCC, VUCC, a WAS or any other
AWARD if the sender just ask for it ??

I think that this system could be "well-understood", may meet the "three
second  criterion", and it  "doesn't require the ARRL to maintain logs".
Besides, it is easier for the "award chaser" and, in a certain way, is some
kind of "extra prize" for an effort.

Just MHO. 73 + Merry Christmas and Happy New Year,
Oscar, co2oj

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com