[CQ-Contest] K5MM - Silent Key

Ric Painter wo4o at juno.com
Sat Dec 19 18:52:06 EST 1998

Dale did have a great sense of humor.  To testify of this I will soon
unveil my disquise.  Usually just prior to some of the Phone games when I
knew 75-m would be cohabited by contesters and non-contesters I, using my
alias, would post a message to the CQ-Contest reflector relevant to the
particular game which, usually (but not always) created controversy and
struck several funny-bones (as evidenced by the e-mail replies).  Dale
was always quick to reply with something equally hillarious and
controversial.  The subject was always about non-contesters,
affectionately known by some contesters as "pig-farmers" and how all of
us could and should co-exist on 75-m peacefully.  He was successful in
getting his point across by using humor.  I don't think I saved any of
the e-mail exchanges we had or I'd include a sampling of some of his
funniest stuff.  May he RIP.  God bless his family.

73 Ric W.4. (a.k.a. Pig Farmer Police Chief <pigfarmerpolice at juno.com>)

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com