[CQ-Contest] Nostalgia

Tom Osborne w7why at harborside.com
Wed Dec 23 16:40:37 EST 1998

Dick Dievendorff wrote:

> Does the ARRL DXCC desk accept your cards? That's the main issue for >a lot of folks.  I don't care where the card comes from or what it >looks like if it's acceptable to Newington for my award.

If the ARRL would accept electronic cards, it would be a lot
easier on people on fixed incomes too.  Take the basic 5BDXCC
award.  That takes 500 cards.  Figure at least $1.00 for each
card. Now there are lots of places that take $2.00 to get a card
back.  Then figure .32 cents for postage, that is anywhere from
$500 to $1000 dollars just for one award.  If they have both the
logs from a contest, how much trouble would it be to check them
to verify the contacts.  73
Tom W7WHY

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com