[CQ-Contest] QSLing

Dan Copeland dcopeland at wwn.net
Mon Feb 16 19:57:29 EST 1998

I have to agree with Fred. I cannot belive the responses I have read on this
reflector. 50 to 75 cards at .20 each comes to between $10 and $15. That is a
small price to pay so the contesters with their mega $$$$$$$ stations can have
someone to work in the contest!

If you want to put down the certificate hunters, look at what you are doing.
If I read the magazines right the most a contester can win is a plaque. Of
course
the main prize is in the bragging rights. How much is that worth? I bet its
more
than $10 to $15.

As far as the price increase is concerned. When a stamp was $.01 how much
did a
house cost? How about a car? To bad the little people don't keep track of the
contesters that do not QSL and just simply boycott them. They could put the
call
into a jerk database and share it with others just before a contest and
save everyone
a lot of trouble and just not work the jerks! That would solve the problem.

I do agree that DX stations and QSL managers should get an SASE.
Daniel Copeland KF0OV
dcopeland at wwn.net

| QCWA Webmaster*ARRL-life member*QRP-L 1004*Norcal 38S    |
| http://www.teleport.com/~qcwa | http://www.dcopeland.com |
"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather,
not screaming in terror like his passengers."

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com