[CQ-Contest] Multi-Mode Controllers

Bill Turner, W7TI wrt at eskimo.com
Tue Feb 24 04:23:44 EST 1998

On Fri, 20 Feb 1998 08:52:27 PST, "Doug Richardson"
<ve5cma at hotmail.com> wrote:

>I am interested in purchasing either the KAMPlus OR AEA DSP-232 (or it's
>higher end AEA 2232? Multi-mode controller.  Has anyone experience they
>can share w/ me? Any duds/bugs/flaws service probs? Software kinks? Also
>interested in evaluation from contesting angle. ve5cma at hotmail.com
>Thanks.
The KAM beats the pants off a DSP-232.  I had both running side by
side with the same audio feed but on separate computers.  The DSP-232
is NOT ready for prime time.  I sent it back.  The 2232 may be better
but I have never used one.  In case you can't tell, I'm still annoyed
at AEA for wasting my time and money.

73, Bill W7TI

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com