[CQ-Contest] Kids' Contest

jim funk jfunk at adams.net
Thu Jan 1 11:07:48 EST 1998

Okay, guys and gals.  Several times a year the "graying of contesters"
thread hits the publications or the reflector and we moan and groan and
decry the trends and propose solutions.

If you're getting this, you also got the announcement about the Kids'
Contest this Saturday.

Grab your kids, the neighbors' kids, 4-H kids, scouts, church group,
*anybody* and get 'em on the air for this event!  Explain how it works.
Make up a "cheat sheet" ("I point, you read").  Fill those two bands
segments with youthful voices, or don't complain when all the contesters are
too old to concentrate long enough for a six-second exchange....

See you all from KB9PVN with eight junior-highers at the mike...(no, not all
at once...gaaack!).

73, Jim N9JF

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com