[CQ-Contest] New Year's Resolutions

Barry Kutner w2up at itw.com
Thu Jan 1 18:52:40 EST 1998

On  1 Jan 98, Dale L. Martin <kg5u at hal-pc.org> wrote:

> I thin the benefits of these two resolutions will be obvious--is anyone else
> seeing >50 messages a day in their e-mail downloads?

As an example:
I was away from 12/25-12/31. I unsubscribed from the DX Reflector as
that one usually has the most "noise." I came home to 497 e-mails
(cq-contest, wf1b-rtty, dx4win, and towertalk)!
Actually, it only took about 20 minutes to go thru them all. I have
them filtered and sorted so that personal e-mails come to a different
folder than Reflector mail. Reflector mail is sorted by subject and
date, so it was pretty easy to bulk delete anything that didn't look
interesting. The definition of "interesting" varies depending on the
number of e-mails waiting in the mailbox :.)
HNY/Barry
Barry Kutner, W2UP              Internet: w2up at itw.com
Newtown, PA         FRC         alternate: barry at w2up.wells.com

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com