[CQ-Contest] Java Logger

David Robbins k1ttt at berkshire.net
Sat Jan 3 00:33:51 EST 1998

Yes, I am back working on the OpenLogger program.  For those of you
who haven't heard of it the OpenLogger is a contest (or even general
purpose) logging program written in Java (and now using the Java Beans
architecture).  It doesn't do much yet, but I think it has a good
foundation and shows lots of promise for the future.

What I am looking for now is some more information.  In particular
what kind of information is needed to define a set of contest rules
so a program knows how to log and score a contest.  I know other
programs have done this and I'm looking to not reinvent the wheel
if possible.  If anyone has examples or thoughts of how to do this
please let me know or send some examples.  (to me direct please, not
to the reflector)

Also, has anyone out there looked into Network Computers?  I am
particularly interested in what is needed to set up a server for
a local network.  I would also like to know if anyone has any
thoughts on how practical it would be to apply them to networked
contest logging (using a Java logger of course!).

--
David Robbins K1TTT (ex KY1H)
k1ttt at berkshire.net   or   robbins at berkshire.net
http://www.berkshire.net/~robbins/k1ttt.html