[CQ-Contest] RTTY Racket During the Roundup

Bruce Sawyer N6NT at worldnet.att.net
Mon Jan 5 08:36:07 EST 1998

Re the hate mail somebody just received:
> We were working c.w. on 40 meters and you guys were running your damn RTTY
> contest and you just kept on qrming the hell out of us....I would have
> thought that you knew a little bit about the "gentleman's agreement"
> regarding frequency usage them too.
>   etc., etc.

The one lone piece of unpleasantness I encountered during the whole contest
was one guy who sent me a single one-liner in response to my CQ message:
"N6NT BUZZ OFF!".  I gave him a humorous but inoffensive comeback, but he
never responded.  That was the ONLY thing that happened all weekend.  Now I
wonder if anybody else got that same message?

On the other hand, I had no trouble finding all the DXers on 40m this
morning.  They were all there right on top of the XW30 transmit frequency
giving out their names.  There was Uplid, AH, FU, and the usual bunch of
delightful folks you meet in the DX pileups.

Bruce, N6NT

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com