[CQ-Contest] Alpha Travel Case

John Downing jdowning at intelenet.net
Tue Jan 6 10:25:59 EST 1998

We have been using Tundra cases from Sea King for all of our travels to
V31DX.  We've carted down Alpha 76s, ICOM 781s, FT-1000s, and all sorts
of bits and pieces in these things without any damage to the contents.
Note that the Alpha 76 and one of these cases weighs nearly 80 pounds so
you might want to remove the transformer and pack it in a different
case.  That's one of the reasons we sold the Alphas and bought a pair of
Ten Tec Titans - the power supply is separate and can be easily packed.
We found the large Pelican case just right for packing the Ten Tec RF
deck and an FT-1000mp.

To read more about the Sea King check out:

http://www.bhvideo.com/photo/bags/tundra/specs.html

And to find out more about the Pelican case check out:

http://www.bhvideo.com/photo/bags/pelican/intro.html

Bon Voyage!

John W2NA / V31DX

ps: to all who are waiting for V31DX QSL cards from our manager N2AU:
I  screwed up the card order (meaning I thought I sent it in but
didn't!  Just found it buried on my desk.)  So cards will go out in a
few weeks.  Sorry, Art!

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com