[CQ-Contest] Alpha Travel Case

George T. Daughters gdaught6 at leland.Stanford.EDU
Tue Jan 6 12:05:38 EST 1998

hi trey et al.,

> Rather than drilling holes in the suitcase, I made a plywood insert
> the size of the internal height and width of the suitcase and mounted
> the transformer onto it.

good idea.  i found that out when i discovered the truth of your next
statement.

> It's not the transformer "rattling around" that causes the problem so
> much as it's the rattling transformer pulverizing the "other bits and
> pieces of equipment you need for your contest station."  :-)

i also tries ever so hard to get *out* of the suitcase, (through one
of the sides) unless it's firmly constrained.

73,
George T. Daughters, K6GT

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com