[CQ-Contest] Re: "Worked Before" stupidities

i4jmy at migate.ampr.org i4jmy at migate.ampr.org
Wed Jan 7 00:07:36 EST 1998

From: i4jmy at n8it.#nwmi.mi.usa.noam
To: cq-contest at contesting.com

    Hi Guys,

    again on this "2nd hand" topic, everything has been written and
    sayed about, but really there is very small to do since this is
    a fact depending by the interact between two individuals and not
    by your will only.

    Honestly I prefer a clean log rather than a mixture of multiple
    post contest corrections so, under certain limits, I check well
    if I got a call correctly and if mine has been copied properly,
    since the time of the qso.

    This way is limiting a lot the number of the stations erroneously
    calling again, so I deliberately use the "worked before" in the
    very few times it happens.
    Acting like this and listening to the reaction, there is an extra
    possibility to correct own mistakes too.

    Yes, only God (and few other conceited human beeing) is perfect and
    typo errors or even some rf feedback on the keyboard may produce
    a fake 1st logging, annoyed pileuppers included.

    Who's fronting a big number of wkb4 calling should first ask
    himself if something is not wrong with his transmitter, keying or
    pronounce.

    Counting on light log control and penalityes in most contest is
    not a reason to privilege faulty quantity over net quality.

    Be quiet, if you are not running a huge pile-up from P4 or similar
    area, this is only a detail.

    73,
    Mauri I4JMY (one of IR4T)

    E-mail I4JMY at migate.n8it.ampr.org