[CQ-Contest] "Worked Before" stupidities

k4oj k4oj at ij.net
Tue Jan 6 19:21:47 EST 1998

KN4T wrote:

I am going to lose two Zone 9 mults in the CQ WW because two hotshot
operators who should know better insisted, Sunday afternoon, that I was
already in their log.  C'mon, guys; I can screw up a call -- but a whole
mult on Sunday afternoon?  (They, of course, lose just one of their
gazillion QSO credits in the process, so it means little to them.)

Operators who insist on coming back to any responses within a couple of khz
of their operating frequency are especially at fault in this regard.  (It's
amazing what you can hear sometimes using wide filters!)

WORK THEM DUPES!

...you sir are a Sage....or a parsley or a rosemary or a thyme........

I see absolutely NO point with all the contenders using computer software
to slow oneself down in doing such, it is a dupe - so WHAT...and why do
some people take the dupes out of the log???? leave 'em in - when I used to
check logs I owuld note the dupes as flags - mebbe a quick look in the
other stations log was in order....this was well before N6AA's uniques was
a contesting household word....

This wokring everyone scheme is what I did this year EXCLUSIVELY in the
ARRL  SS WW CW and Ten Meter contests....despite one guy in the ten meter
contest who worked me 4 times....yes, I got sick of him calling but I kept
my rhythm goin, and there ain't nothin like rhythm to a cw op, eh?

Nike used to say: Just Do It....while I don't usually agree with ON4UN's
posts this time I say he is right....Just Work It!

73- see you in the NAQP!

de

Jim White, K4OJ
k4oj at ij.net
a proud member of THE Florida Contest Group
...visit our website @ http://www.4w.com/deemer/fcg.htm

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com