[CQ-Contest] Worked Before---More... TR

J. Allen j.allen at yec.yk.ca
Tue Jan 6 18:11:47 EST 1998

Until recently, I had a tendency to politely just "send dupes away" without
doing the QSO over.

There is a method of making sure that they find the QSO in their log which
was probably busted, which relys on a built-in TR function.  This is
similar but sounds easier than the one Jim, referred to with CT.

One of the options in TR makes the previous "dupe" QSO details appear on
the screen whenever you try entering a dupe call.  You do not have to use
extra key strokes to go chasing after the details.  It does this at the
same time that you are stopped from automatically putting a dupe into the
log.  You can still log the dupe if the fellow on the other end disagrees
with the data that you give him.

I try to be polite about it, but I give him the data and stay with the
pileup.  He should be able to find the QSO in his log if he looks.  I do
not want to stop things while he hunts so I move things on.  It seems to me
that if I stop things for more than a fraction of a minute, I end up with a
mob.

J., VY1JA
jallen at polarcom.com

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com