[CQ-Contest] Wkd B4..easy answer!

Doug KR2Q DougKR2Q at aol.com
Wed Jan 7 12:40:29 EST 1998

Hi dupe haters/toleraters!

I got this comment DIRECTLY from an active contester.  I thought his
philosophy was and is one of the best I've ever seen/read on the topic:

[paraphrasing]
It is faster (more efficient) to simply send 5nnn than it is to send QSO B4,
especially if you factor in the possible hassles of a "not a dupe" type
exchange!
[end of paraphrase]
KR2Q notes: Also, sending "QSO B4" breaks the rhythm for the rest of the
pileup.

Obviously, this is true for CQWW.  I guess in some contests (SS?) you'd have
to weigh the variables (length of the exchange) more closely.

de Doug KR2Q

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com