[CQ-Contest] GRID SQUARE TO SIX PLACES

Bill Aycock baycock at hiwaay.net
Fri Jan 9 21:26:34 EST 1998

Bob- I converted the decimal fractions to minutes, and, to the nearest
minute (119 deg 47min, 39 deg 5 min) you are in DM09cb.

Thats the good news-- the bad news is that I think you are on the knife
edge of the square- I need to do some research on the little program to see
if it looks to the center of the block, or the edge.

Bill- W4BSG

At 06:26 PM 1/9/98 -0800, you wrote:
>Yes, the Buckmaster Grid Square Location is for my POB in
>Gardnerville which is about 15 miles "south" of where I live.
>
>According to Etak, my exact coordinates are 39.08403 N and 119.78565 W

Bill Aycock   W4BSG
Jackson County, AL
EM64vr
W4BSG is "vanity" this time, but was