[CQ-Contest] Re: WARC bands & Contesting

Hans Brakob k0hb at juno.com
Mon Jan 12 09:49:28 EST 1998

>Actually that was part of the international treaty requirement that
>gave us the WARC bands in 1979, it was never an option.
>
> -73- Steve Mendelsohn, W2ML
>ARRL First Vice President

No Steve, it is not part of the treaty.

It is simply an IARU agreement that has been overwhelmingly
supported by contest sponsors.  There is no "treaty" proscription
against contest operations on any band, including the WARC bands.

I believe we should continue to honor that agreement.

73, de Hans, K0HB
(Speaking only for K0HB)

~~~
 Hark!  I have hurled my words to the far corners of the
 earth.  What King of old could do thus?
~~~

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com