[CQ-Contest] WARC & "anti-contests"

Ve3bmv Ve3bmv at aol.com
Tue Jan 13 17:27:31 EST 1998

In a message dated 98-01-13 05:02:17 EST, K5MM writes:

<<
    3. You, and folks of your persuasion, seem to want the WARC bands to
 	remain as they always have been since we got the allocation.  I
 	would suggest there is room for GROWTH, for change, and for others
      to participate/enjoy their interests in a given band.....so long
      as it is legal, moral, and ethical.  And....I might add, acceptable
      to the general group at large. >>

More categories for performance challenged? (If I can't win anything, lets
have another category, like 10W - T2FD - WARC band - left hand?)

Give it up! WARC bands were created mainly for those technically minded,
wanting no contest QRM and peacefull bands for experimentation with weird
modes. Let them have it. If they don't use it, let them lose it!
I think more contesters agree that we have enough bands and we need another HF
contest band like hole in the head.
Collecting awards is fine, but lets keep contesting to 6 bands. There is a
contest on almost every weekend, enough to destroy the strongest family if one
wanted to operated every one of them.
Concentrate on improving your skills, play by the rules, pick a category and
HAVE FUN.
What we need is the "redesigned" 40 m band, present band plan sucks!

73 de "monobandit"(tm) Yuri  K3BU, VE3BMV

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com