[CQ-Contest] 1 & 2 land / VE damage reports

Vernon Erle Ikeda vern at HayA.QC.CA
Fri Jan 16 00:25:03 EST 1998

   As a person who survived the "ICE 98", I can only say one
thing, thank God that I got my power back.  Not so fortunate
are those on the South Shore of Montreal and in particular
those toward the US border in towns like Hemmingford,
Lacolle and Napierville who may not get power for at least
two weeks.   Many thanks to those amateurs who have worked
the various emergency nets on HF and 2-metres on both sides of
the US/Canada border and to those who have been clearing the
frequency so these nets can go on doing great job.

   As for tower damage, I havn't heard much, but I'm sure
word will start filtering out as soon as this emergency
starts winding down.

	Vernon