[CQ-Contest] Re: GRAY LINE MAP

Jim Reid jreid at aloha.net
Fri Jan 16 08:27:14 EST 1998

At 03:31 PM 1/16/98 -0500, John Warren wrote:

> |Go to the home page of GeoClock, they offer both a shareware and a
> |pay for version that are great.

> They also offer a ham version
> |to buy. Their web site is at:
> |
> |http://www.clark.net/pub/bblake/geoclock/
>
>But the gray line is not plotted on to a great circle map for your
>location. That's what is REALLY needed to understand propagation.

Oh,  but that is exactly what the  "ham version" mentioned above is!
I have it and the great circle map is centered exactly on my lat/long
here on Kauai.  That is what you get for the extra fee to buy the
ham set up.  You must provide your exact lat/long when you order
it.  If you do not have access to a GPS gadget to get very accurate
location,  go to:

	http://tiger.census.gov/

Folllow the instructions,  carefully,  and you will find your exact
street and location of your backyard!!  Just keep zooming in
until you can see your lot.  Plop the cursor wherever you antenna
site is,  and zingo,  out comes your precise lat/long.  Works for me
exactly out here on Kauai, even!

Have fun.

73,  Jim, KH7M
On the Garden Island of Kauai