[CQ-Contest] Carrying rig on airliner ?

Ve3bmv Ve3bmv at aol.com
Sat Jan 17 23:00:24 EST 1998

My 2 cents worth of experience in addition to what was said already. I found
hand carry suitcase on the wheels in Price Club, it is size approved as carry
on luggage (lots of stewardesses have them) and fits overhead or underneath
the seat. It looks like suitcase, has two wheels and extendable handle. TS870
with rest of the junk (ant. wire, PS, cables) fits nicely inside. Having
wheels helps to drag this thing around the airports without getting arms
lengthened. I usually also have shoulder bag with rest of the stuff (notebook,
headphones, etc.)
Dentron Clipperton L can go in the hard shell suitcase, packed in the clothes,
to be checked in (take tubes out and carry on).
So far done Nova Scotia and Aruba via airlines. Saying itsa ham radio, "going
to international competition" and showing license worked for me so far.
GL  Yuri, K3BU, VE3BMV/1, P40A

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com