[CQ-Contest] Re: Future for DOS programs

Tom Osborne w7why at mail.coos.or.us
Sun Jan 18 21:24:45 EST 1998

K7LXC wrote:

>      I understand that 60% of Windows users are still using Windows
>3.x. Apparently many of the corporate users haven't taken the leap yet.

Hi All.
I have seen on most of the computers that are running Win95 that you
pretty much loose control of your computer in less you know what you're
doing. My son has it on his, and he can't run dos programs very well. He
has a 486DX66 with 16 megs of ram, and he can't run games that I run on
my 386DX40. Gets "out of memory" messages all the time. I run Win 3.11,
and my computer is pretty well a dos machine unless I have a program that
just has to run under Windows.  Win95 takes over your computer like a
virus!
Tom W7WHY

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com