[CQ-Contest] Future for DOS programs

PaulKB8N PaulKB8N at aol.com
Sun Jan 18 22:40:44 EST 1998

In a message dated 98-01-18 12:44:37 EST, AnthonyScandurra at FirstUSA.com
writes:

<< There are WAY too many DOS programs still in use for
 Microsoft to even THINK about dumping DOS support for a LONG time. Even
 WinNT runs DOS programs!!!

Certainly many of us want to use a common platform for Win95 and DOS programs,
but I think that DOS programs like TRLog and CT require such a minimal system
that it may make sense to retain on old DOS-only machine for the shack.  I've
seen complete 486 DX4-100 systems at swap meets for under $200, but actually a
386DX with an 80 Meg hard drive could probably be used with TRLog for the next
ten years without overtaxing its capabilities.  You lucky guys with your "old"
Pentium 100s!!

Paul, KB8N

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com