[CQ-Contest] WI in the WIndow?

Jim Stahl k8mr at barf80.nshore.org
Mon Jan 19 11:28:51 EST 1998

I can't confirm if W9WI really was in the window, or if the
"endless CQ loop" was really him.  It would not be the first time
someone has recorded someone else's CQs to make a QRM tape.

But why is CQing for a stateside contest in the 75 meter DX
window any worse than the dozens of other forms of QRM generated
by us contesters?  Would anyone on this reflector feel as badly
about QRMing the SSTV window? Or the Old Farts Net?  Or Joe Ham
trying to talk to his buddy on 20 SSB about his latest doctor
visit?

And if the endless CQ loop was genuine, why are those endless CQs
any worse than endless CQ loops on 14150.2 in a DX contest?

If anything the 3795 QRM was less evil because those adversely
affected have probably at some time had the shoe on the other
foot, and been the guy viewed by others as the inconsiderate jerk
QRMing their usual modes of operation.

For the 75 meter DXers, take a dose of our ususal advice to those
affected by contest QRM:  switch to CW, or go to the WARC bands
where there are no contests.

Jim   K8MR

Jim Stahl
InterNet: k8mr at barf80.nshore.org
Basic Amateur Radio Frequency, BARF-80 +1 (440) 237-8208
"Totally devoted to Amateur Radio" - 24 Hrs a day 8/N/1 28.8k-1200 baud

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com