[CQ-Contest] NAQP Rules

k4oj k4oj at ij.net
Tue Jan 20 16:07:57 EST 1998

This brings up an interesting question.  What if you're not "in"
the contest, but casually "giving points" for an hour or two?  Is
it then OK to run above the contest power limit?  I will admit to
running my amp during the CW NAQP, and gave out perhaps 50 contacts
as I was tuning the band looking for DX band-countries.  Didn't
keep a contest log (or submit one), but I suppose a casual observer
would judge me "illegal" (significantly louder than others in my region).

Any feeling about this out there?

The rules are for those competing...non- competitors need not be concerned
with them - the rules exist as a subset of regulations necessary for those
who wish to compete in whatever contest.....since your license allow you to
use 1500W max, do so - but do NOT say you are running 150W or less when you
are not!

K5RC is concerned, I am sure, that there are some who are in the
competition without being within the contest's rules.

k4oj

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com