[CQ-Contest] NAQP NAMES

David Jones kk7gw at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 20 16:35:17 EST 1998

>For years now I have been using assorted nicknames in the NAQP and NAS
>contests...it is interesting to see what comes back, with the advent of
TR
>log a new breed has come out - I can tell who is running it by the
>response...a certain VE7 always says hello to Buzz [as in Ligthyear]
>(despite the fact that I just sent him somethin else), guess he is
still
>running the saem database he built right after he bought it and I was
>sending Buzz that weekend.

I have to say, Jim, that knowing your name before working you, and
expecting to hear that, I was completely thrown went I heard "Bubba".
The way to go is not to rely on the computer, but to actually listen to
what is being sent.  In that way I'm glad I'm not running a computer
real-time, I'm forced to listen instead.

>....if I were to send Jim would the guy on the other end really be
copying
>it or just assuming it was Jim.....one of these days I might try that
>name....mebbe

I won't even touch that one...just listen to the exchange is all I've
got to say.

73

David Jones, KK7GW   QRP-L #1350
kk7gw at hotmail.com