[CQ-Contest] NAQP-a different view

k4ro at music-city.tdec.state.tn.us k4ro at music-city.tdec.state.tn.us
Tue Jan 20 18:34:23 EST 1998

> The advent of single op/two (or more) radio stations and operators has
> made a fundamental change to the "levelness" of the playing field...

Then how come N4ZZ has won this contest with one radio, even against the
best SO2R operators out there?  How does he consistently outscore 90% of
the two radio guys, if the playing field is so out of balance?  Could his
skills as an operator have anything to do with it?  We all wish a second
rig would put us in the Top Ten, but it just ain't so.  It still comes
down to the operator's skill, no matter how much hardware is involved.

-Kirk  K4RO

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com