[CQ-Contest] Two Radios - Ha if it were that easy.

george fremin iii geoiii at bga.com
Tue Jan 20 19:46:25 EST 1998

As I sit here reading this thread about two radios and
having new catagories to allow one radio I am a bit amused.

While many of you were doing the NAQP this past weekend
I operated the ARRL VHF sweepstakes.  You should try one
of these they are diffrent than your usual contest.

To the "serious" VHF/UHF contest station owner/operator
two radios is kind of a joke,  where you usually have a
seperate radio AND amp for EACH band above 50 mhz.

I run a simple set up - a 6m rig and a 2m/1.25m/70cm rig
so I do it as a two radio deal - but I still have to have
four amps - and they are NOT small.  In contrast the
two radio setup on the HF end of the table is simple.
(Six bands - four boxes)

I have to say that I don't hear alot of whinning from
the VHF/UHF crowd about having to build up a station
for more than ten (10) bands - and there is no way
to got to Kenwood/Icom/Yeasu and buy them ready to go
on all of these bands.  What I do see and hear is alot
of excitment about getting geared up for the next band.

Gee.....HF - that's easy.

--

George Fremin III          "You give me a $10,000 custom guitar
Austin, Texas                and Chet Atkins a $200 discount

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com