[CQ-Contest] Tips on erecting Gladiator TL series verticals

Larry Reader readerl at goliath.sunyocc.edu
Thu Jan 29 12:05:43 EST 1998

Hi -

Will be erecting a new Gladiator TL80 antenna at WP2Z in a month or so.
 The modelling shows good performance using two elevated radials
running E/W that can "see" the ocean.   Would like to hear from anyone
using the antenna who can offer hints, tips, etc. on getting it up and
operational.  It's 38 ft tall and I'll be alone so if there are any
"tricks" to flipping it up I'd love to know them!

BTW, due to a cancellation WP2Z is available for the 1998 ARRL 10 meter
contest.  If anyone wants it, let me know.

Thanks, in advance for any help.

73

Larry
KE2VB