[CQ-Contest] ANOTHER CAUSE OF UNINTENDED DUPES

Wilkowski,Joseph Joseph_Wilkowski at wb.xerox.com
Thu Jan 29 14:16:59 EST 1998

Tom N4KG is right on with this explanation.  Unfortunately it is one of
 the prices you pay with most tranceivers.   Some tranceivers carrier
 offset will track the cw tone control (bfo) but many do not.  Tom's
 technique below will solve these problems.  As a matter of course my
 RIT is on and working continously when I am on a run frequency as many
 stations are as much as 200 cps below /above my xmit frequency. Which
 in most tranceivers affects the passband filtering as well.  So you
 must be frequecy agile in order to keep the received tone in your rx
 passband and also pleasing to your ear.

/joe