[CQ-Contest] Re: contesting with "small" antennas

Jim Reisert AD1C jjreisert at alum.mit.edu
Tue Jul 14 22:26:11 EDT 1998

At 10:05 AM 7/14/98 -0400, Bill Fisher - W4AN wrote:

>I was having a discussion with W1RR last night, and we both agreed that
>FEELING loud is probably more important than actually being loud.
>I'm sure both KQ2M and KT3Y operate the contest like they were operating
>from a super station.

I think Bill hit the nail on the head.  When I'm running with my 30' (10M)
high G5RV, and I have stations like JY9QJ call in not only on 40 but on 75
also, I FEEL LOUD.  When I can have a dozen hours in a contest over
60/hour, that energizes you.  When you can beat the occasional big gun in a
pileup...

If you feel like a winner, you will be one.

73 - Jim AD1C

--
Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>      http://jjr.ne.mediaone.net/

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com