[CQ-Contest] 2 radio audio mixing?

k6ll at juno.com k6ll at juno.com
Mon Jun 15 17:44:27 EDT 1998

On Mon, 15 Jun 1998 00:14:26 +0000 "Barry Kutner" <w2up at itw.com> writes:

>I'd appreciate if anyone in single-op/2 radio land could explain to
>me how they split the audio in the headphones for each radio.
>Tnx/Barry

I put the left radio in the left earphone, the right radio in
the right earphone, and bridge the left and right channel with
a resistor of about 100 ohms. The resistor was picked experimentally
such that the left radio audio is about 6dB down in the right
earphone, and vice versa.

If a real weak signal comes along on the left radio, just reach over
to the right radio and turn down the volume control, then you can
hear only the weak signal in both ears for easier copy. I also have a
switch that can select either radio into both ears with equal volume,
but rarely use it when I'm in the two radio mode.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ
K6LL at juno.com

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com