[CQ-Contest] Kid's day contest this weekend!
n6tr at teleport.com
Thu Jun 18 15:21:42 EDT 1998
Kid's Day Operating Event
Sponsored by the Boring Amateur Radio Club
1. Purpose: The Kid's Day Operating Event is intended to encourage
activity by younger people (licensed or not) using Amateur Radio.
The goal is give unlicensed young people some hands-on experience
on-the-air, so they might develop an interest in pursuing a license
in the future. It is also intended to give hams a chance to share
their station with their children.
2. Dates: 20 June 1998.
3. Time: 1800Z to 2400Z. No limit on operating time.
4. Suggested exchange: Name, age, location and favorite color. You
are encouraged to work the same station again if either operator
has changed. Call "CQ KIDS DAY".
5. Suggested Frequencies: 14270 to 14300 kHz and 7200 to 7250 kHz.
Be sure to observe third party traffic restrictions when making DX
6. Reporting: Logs, comments and funny stories may be posted via the
internet to kids at contesting.com. You may review these postings by
visiting http://www.contesting.com/kids/ with your web browser.
7. Awards: All participants are eligible to receive a colorful certificate.
Send a 9 x 12 sized SASE to the Boring Amateur Radio Club; PO Box 1357;
Boring, Oregon 97009.
8. More details may be obtained from the Boring Amateur Radio Club
at the above address or at http://www.jzap.com/k7rat/.
CQ-Contest on WWW: http://www.contesting.com/_cq-contest/
Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com
More information about the CQ-Contest