[CQ-Contest] 10 Meter results, ARRL Does the right thing

Jim White, K4OJ k4oj at ij.net
Sun Jun 21 10:54:01 EDT 1998

I am very pleased to see the ARRL is taking this stance.

Many, including myself, were worried they would try a band aid approach of
publishing the scores in NCJ.

By redoing the results and reprinting them in QST the say that their
contest program is worthwhile and that they are standing behind it.  Yes in
any business (yes, business) mistakes are made from time to time...the
measure of a business is not how it operates when things are running smooth
but how they operate when the waters are rough.

Bravo, ARRL......I look forward to the revised results and the other
pending changes that K5FUV seems to be spearheading - looks like we have a
friend in Newington!

Thanks, Bill.

73,

Jim, K4OJ

Florida Contest Group - visit our website at:

http://www.4w.com/deemer/fcg.htm

The Florida Contest Group sponsors the Florida QSO Party, check out the FQP
website@:

http://home1.gte.net/wd4ahz/fcg/ssqp.htm

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com