[CQ-Contest] Field Day Lament

bogus at does.not.exist.com bogus at does.not.exist.com
Sun Jun 28 17:13:01 EDT 1998

We (K5KG, KB8N, K7BV, K5RC) operated Field Day as K7GJ in Class 2D (Home
station, commercial power). Unless I read the rules wrong, "D" stations can't
work other "D" stations. Between us, we estimate that we told 200 stations
that we could not work them because they were "D" class and we logged another
200 that will have to be removed before we send the log in. It is discouraging
that many people are either not reading the rules or not following them. More
discouraging was when I corrected someone operating the station of a fairly
well known contester who told me "stop making things so difficult, you lid."

I thought Field Day was a training ground for new hams and new contesters, not
for soliciting members of the CCC (Contest Cheater's Club).

Tom, K5RC

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com