[CQ-Contest] TS-850 fine points

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Tue Mar 3 14:05:01 EST 1998

I'm contemplating a used TS-850SAT for my new primary CW contesting rig,
and would appreciate the advice of aficionadoes as to:

whether there are particular serial numbers (like after 7M on the TS-930)
that are more desirable than others;

whether the International Radio 400 hz CW filters in the first and second
IFs would be a worthwhile improvement over cascaded stock CW filters;

whether the tuner is better than that in the 930, particularly in terms of
response time (and does it work on 160?).

Thanks in advance.  Replies direct are fine, and I'll summarize for the group.

73,

Pete N4ZR

In Wild Wonderful, fairly rare WEST Virginia

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com